Before you apply
You'll need to take care of a few things:
- Create an IU network account and passphrase. Your student ID number is on the official acceptance notice sent to you by admissions.
- If you're under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must agree to the contract terms. So have them create an eProxy account.
- In case you don't think you have to live with us, review the residence exemption process.
- If you have medical or physical concerns that will affect your assignment, you and your attending physician, need to complete and return the Medical Verification Form by May 1.
- Review the costs.
- The university doesn't provide insurance or financial protection for your personal property. On your housing application, you'll be asked about your interest in obtaining coverage.
- Rank-order a list of your preferences (i.e. learning community, room type, location, roommate preference).
- Choose a meal plan. You will enter your selection on your application.
- If you have a preferred roommate, get the individual's full name and IU network ID to enter on your application. We use the oldest application date of the pair or group to make a room assignment for roommates. Roommate requests must be mutual.
- We'll need an emergency contact for you. You'll enter this contact information on your application.
- Decide if you want to waive your privacy rights to your housing and dining records. If you do want us to share this information, complete a FERPA waiver. You'll need to provide the name of the individual(s) on your application.
- Have a valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or JCB credit or debit card ready at hand for the $200 application fee.